Yes, we do sticks of Blackpool rock. And yes, we do thrilling rollercoasters.... We also do a pretty good line in rock ‘n’ roll - as well as punk, jazz and blues, authentic country music, Motown, Northern Soul, opera, classical, West End musicals, Wurlitzer organ music, top-class tribute acts and house.
Blackpool’s eclectic mix of live music is very much down to the astonishing range of venues across the resort.
At one end of the scale there are large venues such as the outdoor Tower Festival Headland Arena with a capacity of up to 20,000 people, which we hope will make a return in 2021, and the Opera House and Empress Ballroom (each with a 3,000 capacity).
Add to that iconic venues such as The Tower Ballroom, the three piers and Pleasure Beach Arena. Then throw in a whole raft of cabaret bars, pubs and clubs with live performance, intimate and alternative late-night music venues, and you start to see why Blackpool’s music offering has something for everyone.
Watch out in 2021 for some big-name announcements for bands and solo performers, as well as the arrival of some of the world-class musicals that have already graced Broadway and London’s West End. Please be rest assured, too, that the venues you see below are 'Good to Go' accredited, which means they have all the necessary health checks in place to keep you safe from Coronavirus.
- Jersey Beats – VIVA Blackpool, throughout 2021.
- All you need is love…The discovery of Beatlemania - VIVA Blackpool, throughout 2021.
- VIVA Voulez Vous… A celebration of the music of ABBA - VIVA Blackpool, throughout 2021.
- Ma Kelly's Summer Spectacular Cabaret Show, 10 June - 30 October 2021.
- Blackpool Illuminations Switch-On Concert - Tower Festival Headland, 3 September.
- The British Country Music Festival – Winter Gardens, 3-5 September.
- Billy Ocean – Winter Gardens, 11 September.
- Rumours of Fleetwood Mac – Winter Gardens, 14 Sept.
- Michael Bolton – Winter Gardens, 27 September.
- SLIMEFEST – Pleasure Beach Arena, 16-18 October.
- The Greatest Love of All - Grand Theatre, 21 November.