Yes, we do sticks of Blackpool rock. And yes, we do thrilling rollercoasters.... We also do a pretty good line in rock ‘n’ roll - as well as punk, jazz and blues, authentic country music, Motown, Northern Soul, opera, classical, West End musicals, Wurlitzer organ music, top-class tribute acts and house.
Blackpool’s eclectic mix of live music is very much down to the astonishing range of venues across the resort.
At one end of the scale there are large venues such as the outdoor Tower Festival Headland Arena with a capacity of up to 20,000 people, which we hope will make a return in 2022, and the Opera House and Empress Ballroom (each with a 3,000 capacity).
Add to that iconic venues such as The Blackpool Tower Ballroom, the three piers and Pleasure Beach Arena. Then throw in a whole raft of cabaret bars, pubs and clubs with live performance, intimate and alternative late-night music venues, and you start to see why Blackpool’s music offering has something for everyone.
Watch out in 2022 for some big-name announcements for bands and solo performers, as well as the arrival of some of the world-class musicals that have already graced Broadway and London’s West End. Please be rest assured, too, that the venues you see below are 'Good to Go' accredited, which means they have all the necessary health checks in place to keep you safe from COVID-19.
- Jersey Beats – VIVA Blackpool, throughout 2022
- Queen Extravaganza - Opera House, Winter Gardens, 22 January 2022
- Sonny Fodera - Opera House, Winter Gardens, 5 February 2022
- Beyond the Barricade - Blackpool Grand Theatre, 12 March, 2022
- The Lathums - Opera House, Winter Gardens, 9 April 2022
- Bowling For Soup - Empress Ballroom, Winter Gardens, 12 April 2022
- Totally Tina- Opera House, Winter Gardens, 23 April 2022
- Elvis Tribute Artist World Tour - Opera House, Winter Gardens, 6 May 2022
- Foals, Empress Ballroom, Winter Gardens, 6 May - 8 May 2022
- Jane McDonald Live In Concert - Opera House, Winter Gardens, 10 June - 11 June 2022
- Rumours of Fleetwood Mac -Opera House, Winter Gardens, 26 June 2022
- Rebellion Festival - Winter Gardens, 4 August - 7 August 2022
- Blackpool Illuminations Switch-On Concert - Tower Festival Headland, 2 September 2022
- The British Country Music Festival – Winter Gardens, 2-4 September 2022
- Whitney Queen of the Night - Opera House, Winter Gardens, 1 October 2022
- Half Man Half Biscuit - Opera House, Winter Gardens, 7 October 2022
- Will Young - Opera House, Winter Gardens, 19 October 2022