Yes, we do sticks of Blackpool rock. And yes, we do thrilling rollercoasters.... We also do a pretty good line in rock ‘n’ roll - as well as punk, jazz and blues, authentic country music, Motown, Northern Soul, opera, classical, West End musicals, Wurlitzer organ music, top-class tribute acts and house.
Blackpool’s eclectic mix of live music is very much down to the astonishing range of venues across the resort.
At one end of the scale there are large-scale venues such as the outdoor Tower Festival Headland Arena with a capacity of up to 20,000 people, and the Opera House and Empress Ballroom (each with a 3,000 capacity).
Add to that iconic venues such as The Tower Ballroom, the three piers and Pleasure Beach Arena. Then throw in a whole raft of cabaret bars, pubs and clubs with live performance, intimate and alternative late-night music venues, and you start to see why Blackpool’s music offering has something for everyone.
Watch out in 2020 for some big-name announcements for bands and solo performers, as well as the arrival of some of the world-class musicals that have already graced Broadway and London’s West End.
- The Carpenters Experience - VIVA Blackpool, 17 January
- Kaiser Chiefs - Empress Ballroom, 24 January
- A Country Night In Nashville - Grand Theatre, 25 January
- Joe Brown in concert, Grand Theatre, 31 January
- The Illegal Eagles - Grand Theatre, 1 February
- Steve Steinman’s Vampires Rock Ghost Train - Grand Theatre, 7 February
- Midge Ure - Grand Theatre, 16 February
- Believe - The Cher Songbook - Grand Theatre, 6 March
- Seven Drunken Nights - Grand Theatre, 11 March
- La Boheme - Grand Theatre, 16 April
- Madama Butterfly - Grand Theatre, 17 April
- The George Michael Legacy - VIVA Blackpool, 1 May
- Foals - Empress Ballroom, 6 & 7 May
- Hits Out Of Hell – The Meat Loaf Songbook, VIVA Blackpool, 30 May
- Blackpool International Soul Festival - Winter Gardens, 12-14 June
- The Bon Jovi Experience - Grand Theatre, 18 June
- Simply reRed - VIVA Blackpool, 3 July
- Lancashire Hotpots - Grand Theatre, 11 July
- Rebellion 2020 - Winter Gardens, 6-9 August
- Blackpool Illuminations Switch-on Concert - Tower Festival Headland, 4 September
- The British Country Music Festival - Winter Gardens, 4-6 September
- Cliff Richard - Opera House, 27 September
- Beyond the Barricade - Grand Theatre, 4th October
- Half Man Half Biscuit - Empress Ballroom, 9 Oct
- Level 42 - Opera House, 19 October.
- Michael Bolton - Opera House, 22 October.
- Billy Ocean - Opera House, 14 November
- Les McKeown's Bay City Rollers - VIVA Blackpool, 20 November
- Deacon Blue - Opera House, 1 December