Father's Day is just around the corner, and if you're looking for a way to celebrate with your dad, make sure Blackpool, the UK’s favourite seaside resort, makes the cut! This seaside town is packed full of fun and exciting things to do, making it the ideal destination for a Father's Day adventure.
Here are just some of the top attractions you won't want to miss:
1) The Blackpool Tower - No trip to Blackpool is complete without a visit to the iconic Blackpool Tower. This towering structure has been a fixture of the town's skyline for over 125 years, and it's still as impressive as ever. Take a ride to the top and enjoy stunning views of the town and the coast. And if your dad is feeling brave, he can even step out onto the glass SkyWalk for an unforgettable experience.
But the Tower isn't just about the view...there's plenty to do inside as well. Take a trip back in time with the Tower Dungeon, a spooky attraction that takes you through the darker side of Blackpool's history, or head to the Tower Circus for a show that's sure to amaze and delight. And, if you're feeling peckish, the Tower Ballroom is the perfect place to enjoy some tea and cake while taking in the stunning surroundings.
2) Blackpool Pleasure Beach - If your dad is a thrill-seeker, he'll love spending the day at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. This iconic amusement park has been entertaining visitors for over 125 years, and it's still going strong. With more rides and attractions than you can shake a stick of rock at, there's something for everyone. From the iconic Big One to the classic wooden coaster, the Grand National, there's no shortage of heart-pumping fun.
But it's not all about the coasters... there are plenty of other attractions to enjoy as well. Race your dad on the Steeplechase, head to the Ghost Train for a spooky ride, and, if you're looking for something a little more relaxing, the River Caves are the perfect way to cool off on a hot day.
3) Madame Tussauds - Rub shoulders with the stars at Madame Tussauds Blackpool. This world-famous attraction is home to over 80 lifelike wax figures, from Hollywood A-listers to sporting legends. Pose for selfies with your favourite celebrities, or step into the spotlight yourself and become a star for the day.
But Madame Tussauds isn't just about the wax figures... there are plenty of other interactive exhibits to enjoy as well. If your dad is a fan of Doctor Who, he'll love the interactive exhibit featuring the TARDIS and some of the Doctor's most iconic foes. Or head to the Marvel Super Heroes exhibit and join forces with Iron Man, Captain America, and the rest of the Avengers.
4) Blackpool Zoo - Get up close and personal with some of the world's most fascinating animals at Blackpool Zoo. This 32-acre park is home to over 1,500 animals, from big cats to primates. Take a stroll through the park and see if you can spot the tigers, lions, and bears. Or head to the primate section and watch the monkeys swing from tree to tree.
But Blackpool Zoo isn't just about peeking through the enclosure windows... there are plenty of other attractions to enjoy as well. Head to the Dinosaur Safari and come face-to-face with some of the most fearsome creatures to ever walk the earth or book ahead.
5) Sandcastle Waterpark - If your dad loves to make a splash, head to Sandcastle Waterpark for a day of aquatic fun. This tropical-themed water park is home to over 18 slides and attractions, making it the perfect place to cool off on a hot day. From the thrilling Master Blaster to racing your dad on the Duelling Dragons, there's something for every age and ability.
But Sandcastle isn't just about the slides ... there are plenty of other attractions to enjoy as well. Kick back in the Sea Breeze Spa and let your worries melt away, or float along the action river. And if you're feeling hungry, there are plenty of food options to choose from, including pizza, burgers, and ice cream.
So there you have it - five fantastic ways to celebrate Father's Day in Blackpool. Whether your dad is a thrill-seeker or a nature lover, there's something for everyone in this vibrant seaside town.
Father's Day specific events
SEA LIFE Blackpool is celebrating fatherhood right across the animal kingdom this Father’s Day, inviting families to come and meet its seahorses…one of the only species in the world which sees males carry and give birth to its young. Book tickets.
Blackpool Grand Theatre
Blackpool Grand Theatre is offering £19 off a pair of tickets on selected shows, including The Johnny Cash Roadshow, Rock For Heroes, The Elton John Show and many more. Find out more.
(Max 2 tickets per household per show) (terms vary).
Get lost in a time machine of over 200 arcade and pinball machines across five decades of gaming, all set to ‘free to play’ with one entry price. Let your dad runaway with nostalgia as he relives the classics from Pac-Man and Outrun to Space Invaders and Mario Kart. As an extra special treat, get half price entry this Father's Day by booking online with the code MYDADSCOMING to give the special man in your life the gift of gaming for just £8! Book tickets.
Don’t forget, there’s always just the simplicity of the seaside at your fingertips. Enjoy a stroll along the promenade with a delicious ice cream, make a reservation at your dad’s favourite bite to eat in Blackpool or head to one of the many amusements with a tub of pennies for endless fun. So pack your bags, grab your dad, and get ready for an adventure you'll both remember for years to come.