Tuesday 1st September 2020
Get on your bike and Ride the Lights! - An Exciting View of Blackpool Illuminations on a traffic free Promenade.
Ride at any point along the promenade from Starr Gate at South Shore to Red Bank Road in Bispham. You can ride as much or as little of the route as you are able.
Ride the lights is not a bike race, it's a fun and FREE bike ride open to all. A great opportunity to get out and about on your bike with both family and friends.
In order to keep safe, there are a few things to remember:
- Please be aware that the tramway will be operational throughout the ride, take special care in the area around North Pier/Metropole Hotel.
- All bikes must have a minimum of one white light at the front and one red light at the back.
- It is highly recommended that all participants should wear a cycle helmet.
- A responsible adult must accompany all children.
- Marshalls and First Aiders will be on hand along the route.
- Bike Doctors and support vehicles will be on hand to look after breakdowns.
- The road will re-open to traffic at 10pm. Please try to plan your ride to reach your destination by this time, and be aware of traffic after this time.
Car Parking: For advice and information on getting to and parking in Blackpool call 01253 478222 or click here.
Charities are welcome to use the event as a fundraiser by encouraging their supporters to participate and get sponsored.
As you get on your bike to ride the lights, why not join in the creative fun by designing your very own Illuminations display on your bike?
Decorate your ride with colourful lights, lamps and lanterns to show off your illuminations design ideas. Light your ride... then ride the lights!
Please note that there will be live filming and photography at this event. Any pictures provided maybe used by VisitBlackpool for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be included, please contact VisitBlackpool Web Team