Terms & Conditions for Friday Admission to Blackpool’s Illuminations Switch-On 2019 on Friday 30th August
Wristbands are issued on behalf of the organisations responsible for the Blackpool’s Illuminations Switch-On Ceremony (the “Event”) namely the tourism division of Blackpool Council (“VisitBlackpool - the Organisers”) and are subject to the terms and conditions indicated here or displayed on the Premises. The use of the wristband signifies your agreement to the following conditions:
- The wristband is subject to the rules and regulations of the Organisers which may be changed at their discretion.
- The Organisers shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel the Event at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion, or if circumstances arise outside their control. They also reserve the right to alter or change the programme and line-up without prior notification.
- Should the Event be cancelled or line-up changed, the Organisers will not be liable for the payment of any compensation or for any loss of money and/or expenses incurred.
- The Organisers may ask for reasonable proof that the bearer of the wristband has been issued with it in accordance with the rules governing the wristband ballot. In addition, PLEASE NOTE: anybody under 16 MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or over. Proof of age may be requested upon entry. Wristbands should be retained at all times during the Event.
- Wristbands may not be sold, traded, or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any organisation other than the Organisers. Sale or attempted sale is grounds for seizure or cancellation and those trying to use resold or cancelled wristbands will be refused entry into the venue.
- Re-admission is permitted but there is no guarantee of re-entry.
- The Organisers reserve the right to refuse anyone entry to the Premises at their discretion and any person who fails to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting on behalf of the Organisers may be ejected. In addition anyone found to be causing damage to the Premises, the Premises’ infrastructure, causing harm to any other person on site, behaving in an illegal, antisocial or aggressive manner, appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol or in breach of these conditions will be ejected and may be reported to the police.
- The Organisers reserve the right to search all persons and personal property and refuse admission to, or eject from, the Premises, any person who refuses to be searched by a steward or other person acting on their behalf. The following articles are not permitted within the Premises – knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.
- No food or drink is permitted to be taken into the Premises. STRICTLY NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES WILL BE PERMITTED.
- The Event will be filmed for live and recorded transmission on any network. Wristband holders give their express consent to the use of their actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and/or audio recording of this Event and/or any element thereof in any/all media throughout the world.
- No animals will be permitted, other than assistance dogs.
- Strictly no admission without a wristband. This applies to all attendees including young children and carers.
- There will be a disabled viewing platform located within the arena for wheelchair users and other disabled people who need it. Capacity on the platforms is limited so only one carer/assistant may accompany each disabled person.
- Unfortunately your wristband does not guarantee you entry and you are recommended to be in the arena by 19:00hrs at the latest. Entry after this time may be refused. As wristbands are complimentary, people often request more than they need, so we have to issue more wristbands than there are places available to allow for this. We do consider carefully how many extra wristbands to issue but we recommend that you arrive in good time to be sure that you are not disappointed. Entry into the Premises is on a first come, first served basis.
WARNINGS - Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. Smoke effects, strobe lighting, lasers and loud noises may be used at this Event.
Please note: The Switch-On Arena on The Tower Festival Headland in Blackpool (the “Premises”) is an uncovered, outdoor space with standing room only (except for disabled guests).