The countdown is on for the biggest night of Blackpool’s summer – the Blackpool Illuminations Switch-On concert!
Actor and international singing star Alfie Boe, who was born in the resort and raised in neighbouring Fleetwood, will pull the switch to trigger the start of the 2018 Illuminations season - and we can't wait!
Our Stars . . .
The final line-up is now confirmed with performances by Ella Eyre, Jonas Blue, Diversity and DVJ, Rae Morris, HRVY, and Club MTV DJs R3Wire and Varksi.
MTV Presenter Becca Dudley also joins the line-up for what promises to be the most spectacular free event in the resort’s calendar!
The Friday night celebration will start with a “Blackpool Introduces” showcase featuring the best of talent from across the Fylde Coast, prior to the start of the main show.
The night will begin with “Blackpool Introduces” showcasing four fantastic acts including local band, The Sound, Tiger S, the soulful singer-songwriter Kyle Passmore and X-Factor contestant Chloe Rose Moyle.
Important Information . . .
- The gates to the event open at 16:00.
- The show commences with Blackpool Introduces at 17:00 - 18:00.
- Our main show is between 18:00 - 21:00 featuring Ella Eyre, HRVY, Rae Morris, R3wire & Varski and Diversity and DVJ.
- Alfie Boe will Switch-On the lights at approximately 21:15.
- Jonas Blue will perform from 21:30 - 22:30.
- No wristbands will be permitted into the venue that we suspect have been purchased from an unlicensed party.
- Food and drink is not permitted into the arena, and all bags will be searched, but there are plenty of refreshment options in the arena.
- No bags larger than a sheet of A4 paper will be permitted into the venue, which includes backpacks, holdalls, large bags and suitcases.
- Disabled access is provided on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority given to wheelchair users. One carer is permitted onto the platform per disabled guest, and disabled guests need to bring along a DLA letter or GP letter.
- Mobility scooters are not permitted into the venue.
- Providing we don't hit capacity, the last entry into the venue is 20:30.
- If you are a Golden Circle guest, you don't need to go and collect wristbands from anywhere; these will be given to you once your Skiddle ticket is scanned at Gate 3.
Please see below a map of the arena, so you know which entrance to use:
Gate 1: General Admission
Gate 3: Golden Circle, VIP Guests and Disabled Access