On the 23 June, VisitEngland launched their ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry standard. This official UK mark is intended to put safety first and help the UK tourism industry get back on its feet.
What does this mean for you as a visitor? This mark will act as a ring of confidence to reassure you that a business is doing all what they can to keep you safe. It applies to tourist attractions, accommodation, restaurants and pubs, venues, and tour and coach operators. When planning a trip, check if they have the green tick displayed on their website or in their premises.
To obtain the standard, businesses must show that they have carried out a COVID risk assessment and are adhering to all of the latest Government guidelines and making necessary changes around social distancing, staff training and health and safety.
- Hotels and accommodation providers will need to introduce deep cleaning regimes between guests.
- Meal services including breakfasts will need to be pre-booked and timed, and shared facilities will only be accessible to one family group at a time.
- Timed tickets will be introduced for some exhibitions, theme parks, galleries and attractions to reduce the number of visitors in locations at the same time.
- One way systems, clear floor markings and a queue management system should be in place to maintain social distancing measures at all attractions and help to limit contact between both staff and visitors.
- Organisations should also encourage cashless payments throughout to avoid cross contamination.
In addition, visitor attractions will need to introduce regular deep cleaning regimes across their site and some interactive displays will need to be temporarily closed.
Which Blackpool businesses have the VisitEngland mark?
Please keep checking back as we will update our list regularly. The businesses that have been awarded the mark so far are:
|Jawa Unique Toys
|Moments In Time
||Anchorage Road Fleetwood
I own a Blackpool business - how do I apply?
The scheme is free to join and open to all businesses across the sector. You must complete a self-assessment through Visit Britain’s online platform which includes a check-list to confirm that you have put the necessary processes in place.
Upon successful completion of your application, you will be sent a secure link to download your certificate to display online and on your premise. You will also be sent a useful toolkit to help tell your customers that you are good to go.
To be added to this page, please email the team with your business name, webiste, opening date and telephone number.