Get on your bike and Ride the Lights! - An Exciting Preview of Blackpool Illuminations.
Ride at any point along the promenade from Starr Gate at South Shore to Red Bank Road in Bispham. You can ride as much or as little of the route as you are able.
Ride the lights is not a bike race, it's a fun and FREE bike ride open to all. A great opportunity to get out and about on your bike with both family and friends.
In order to keep safe, there are a few things to remember:
- All bikes must have a minimum of one white light at the front and one red light at the back.
- It is highly recommended that all participants should wear a cycle helmet.
- A responsible adult must accompany all children.
- Please be aware that the tramway will be operatinal throughout the ride, take special care in the area around North Pier/Metropole Hotel
- Marshalls and First Aiders will be on hand along the route.
- Bike Doctors and support vehicles will be on hand to look after breakdowns.
- The road will re-open to traffic at 10pm. Please try to plan your ride to reach your destination by this time, and be aware of traffic after this time.
Charities are welcome to use the event as a fundraiser by encouraging their supporters to participate and get sponsored.
As you get on your bike to ride the lights, why not join in the creative fun by designing your very own Illuminations display on your bike? Decorate your ride with colourful lights, lamps and lanterns to show off your illuminations design ideas. Light your ride... then ride the lights!
Please note that there will be live filming and photography at this event. Any pictures provided maybe used by VisitBlackpool for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be included, please contact VisitBlackpool Web Team
To help us create a safe and enjoyable event for everyone, we kindly request that you take note of the below COVID-19 measures we will have in place.
When you arrive:
- As an outdoor event, we are a low risk environment and do not require you to show proof of vaccine or negative test on entry. We do, however, recommend you take a rapid lateral flow test 24 hours prior to attending. These are available from local chemists or direct to your home by post here.
- Face masks will not be mandatory, however, you may wish to use them in busy areas.
- Please do not come to the event if you:
- are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- have tested positive for COVID-19
- have been told to isolate
During the event:
- If you start experiencing any symptoms during the event and are unable to return immediately home please see our onsite first aiders
- Be mindful of other riders personal space
- Be aware of the movements of others around you and recognise where you may need to manoeuvre away
- Take note of any signage which is in place
- Toilets will be located on the Tower Festival Headland and we ask you always wash your hands after and use the sanitiser dispensers
Park and Ride will be available on the night at the cost of just £2 per vehicle at Blackpool Airport.
Exit the motorway onto the A5230 to Lytham St Annes/South Shore/Pleasure Beach/Sandcastle Water Park.
Once on Progress Way follow the signs to the airport and there will be additional signage to the Park and Ride on Squires Gate Lane. Turn in left to the airport at the Air Balloon pub. There will be stewards there to guide you to the parking area.
For more information on car parks in Blackpool, please head here: https://bit.ly/blackpoolcarparks
29 Aug 2023
Opening Times: 2023
Table Caption Here
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.